Wednesday, March 9, 2016

ELECTRIC VEHICLE SUPPLY EQUIPMENT (EVSE’s)


ELECTRIC VEHICLE SUPPLY EQUIPMENT (EVSE’s)

Wondering what it will take to charge your EV? We have a presenter who can answer your questions! 


Learn about the Charge Up LA residential EV charger rebate program! 
Almost all electric vehicles come standard with a Level 1 (110V) EVSE that plugs into a standard electrical outlet and gives the vehicle about 3 to 5 miles of range for every hour it charges. For some EV (electric vehicle) and PEV (plug-in electric vehicle) owners, that rate of charge is just fine. They plug in overnight and in the morning, they’re good to go. For some owners they need to charge at a faster rate. A Fiat 500e takes about 10 hours from zero to a full charge at 110V (Level 1). That may be a little too long for some owners and they may decide to have a Level 2 (220V) EVSE installed. The Fiat then only takes about 4 hours for the same charge. At the moment, Level 2 EVSE’s sell from about $300 to $700 (depending on the number of amps it supplies and a few other factors). The installation costs range from about $250 to $1200 (and sometimes more if an electrical panel upgrade is needed). I live in an older neighborhood where most of the homes were built in the late 1920’s or early 1930’s. My driveway is too narrow for my car to get to my garage, so I had to install my EVSE in the front of my house (note the green box in the picture above). I did the work myself, but was told that it probably would have cost me $1200. I sell Level 2 EVSE‘s and work with electricians to have them installed. Please call me if you have any questions: 424-372-9440.

Join us for the fun right in the middle of the Farmers Market, at the Grand View/Pacific intersection. Look for the Green Tent and the MVCC tent to meet this presenters  - near a bunch of really happy EV drivers

No comments:

Post a Comment